Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Introducing.......PEPPER!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, we now have a new addition to our home. Making his grand debut to the world, is Pepper!!
pepper arrived on our door step exactly 2 weeks ago today. Jonathan and I were up getting ready for work when we heard a cat in the front bushes. We went outside to find a small kitten popping out of the bushes. He seemed to be crying like a baby. I couldn't help but fall in love with him. Jonathan new it was over right then and there.
Jonathan has never wanted animals in the house (country boy) and I have been pondering the thought of a cat for a while now.
Later that day, after Jonathan and I talked, Jonathan said he would let me decide if we were going to keep him. I tossed around the idea for a few days while I was feeding him on the front porch everyday. I knew we couldn't keep him as an outside cat because our road is way too busy. So the only options were to keep him in the house or take him to the animal shelter. I decided to keep him.
That Saturday I took him to the vet. We found out that he is in perfect condition and is 8 weeks old. That was the day we brought him into the house.
He has been so much fun. Although we are literally counting the days until the claws can be removed. Jonathan and I both have battle wounds all over us. Also hoping the furniture can make it another 1 1/2 months.
I know Jonathan was a little leery of having him in the house, but as predicted, they have now become buddies. I have to say, I think he is quite personable. We get the biggest kick out of watching him play. His own tale can entertain him for quite a while. Instead of scratching his scratching pole, he climbs it then spins around and around. I seem to call him Turkey more then anything when he is being ornery.
I guess I could tell a few more stories, but I will just let the pics do the talking.


Here he is!!!!!!! What a turkey.
Pepper thought this would be a good place for his next nap. On the news paper while it's being read.
My two best guys.

3 comments:

Regi said...

I was afraid he was going to try to use that newspaper!

LJL said...

Oh, boy, another animal for the house. Reminds me of Dudley. When we got him, he was to be a barn dog. And, he was. For one night. Now, he is part of the family. So, JonJon, you now have a family of three.

Anonymous said...

OMG how cute!!! Hopefully the mice will stay away!!!