Sunday, October 21, 2007

Nothing Exciting this Weekend.

This was the first weekend in a long time that Jonathan and I were not obligated to be anywhere. Of course that was nice for Sweetest Day weekend. On Friday, we heard a secret about a restaurant in New Madison that was serving all you can eat Walley for on $9.95. With the salad bar, drink and ice cream included for the price, we could only manage to eat one plate of fish and fries. And it was still worth the price. Anyway, this place could be worth making a monthly trip to for the fish. Maybe next time we will drag our parents there!
On Saturday, I started the day with breakfast and a Sweetest Day Rose. Then we were busy with yard work. We took advantage of the slow weekend to get things done around the house. My slowly dying marigolds finally got the Yank this weekend. The lawn furniture got put away and we spent a bit of money at the hardware store buying miscellaneous yard tools. I now know what they mean by "start up costs".
After we spent most of the morning and afternoon outside, Jonathan headed to his chair for a nap and I headed to the kitchen. It was time to make my yearly batch of applesauce. Unfortunately this year, I got my apples kinda late, so it was slim pickens. A small batch for this year. I have left "how to" pictures for anyone who may be interested or might just be bored. I have only been doing this for a few years (only since I've known Jonathan's mother) and I totally look forward to it every year. It's one of the few Suzy homemaker things I can do well. Next year we hope to start my first garden. If all goes well, I may need some help learning how to can my veggies. Any volunteers??
For Sweetest Day dinner, we didn't want to go out since we were tired from the long day. So, we rented some movies and threw a porterhouse steak on the grill to split. MMMMMMM. A nice night at home.
On Sunday we went to church, ate dinner and then visited Jonathan's parents.
A beautiful October weekend to be at home.

No comments: