Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Just A Few Updates

Yes, we are still alive and well. It seems like forever since I Blogged last.
Our first up date is that Jonathan is now back to work. He was off a total of 3 weeks, which can seem like an eternity when you don't know when you go back to work until the day before. We were really preparing for a few months, but fortunately ended up being much shorter then expected. We now take it one day, one week at a time being grateful for each hour of employment. In the business that Jonathan works, seasonal layoffs go with the territory. I guess it's something we need to get used to. We never really know if there is another job to head to when one gets completed. While he was off, Jonathan was able do some work for some folks that go to our church. I encouraged him to do excellent, honest work and hopefully word will spread.
Not much else has been going on lately.

I'm really looking forward to the Easter festivities this weekend. With a very uneventful winter, I am ready to have fun with the family this weekend. So far on the agenda for the weekend is: Bridesmaid dress shopping, one big Birthday party for 3 family members, an Easter egg hunt and 2 Easter Dinners. I am also looking forward to the big crowd at church this weekend. Thankfully our church has switched to 2 Easter services to make sure that everyone has a chance to hear The Word.

Below, are a few unrelated pictures.


This past weekend, I made my first batch of homemade Pecan Sticky Buns. I thought they turned out pretty good- especially the bread. The sticky part did get pretty sticky though. This is definitely something I want to keep pursuing. Bread making is a great skill to have and a good way to make people happy. Who doesn't love a fresh loaf of homemade bread? A few weeks ago we ordered a pantry cabinet from a guy at our church. He is young and has a God given talent of working with wood. I saw a picture album of some of the work he has done and I couldn't believe it. He can completely redo your kitchen, build you a Hutch or entertainment center among just a few. He also built our Bathroom Vanity when we were first fixing up the house. If you want his name or number, just let us know.
The cabinet was delivered tonight and I didn't waist any time filling it up. This is a much needed pantry cabinet that I have been patiently waiting to get. I am so excited that my canned goods will no longer be falling on my head when I open my kitchen cabinets. I am also happy that all my spices are now at eye level and will no longer be falling from the kitchen cabinet, into my mixing bowl (while I am mixing).




No comments: