Saturday, April 18, 2009

Dinner Success

Tonight we invited Jonathan's parents over for dinner. It was kind of a delayed Birthday dinner for Jonathan.
I'm not sure why, but I always get nervous whenever I cook for Jonathan's mother. She certainly has never made me feel like I should be nervous. I think it's just all in my head. Pressure that I tend to put on myself.
There have been times when I have cooked for them and things didn't quite turn out the way I pictured them in my head. Like my Crock pot Ribs, Cola Ham or my Broccoli Casserole.......oy......if I could turn back time. One lesson I have learned since I have been with Jonathan: don't try as recipe for the first time when you are feeding your in-laws. MAKE SURE IT IS FULL PROOF.
But tonight, it was a slam dunk!! I made a fairly low fat dinner and everything was great. I know Jonathan's parents will always be nice and tell me everything was good. Then after they leave, I beg Jonathan for an honest opinion. I really need his honesty about my cooking if I want to improve my skills. Anyway, tonight we put some pork chops on the grill from House's meat market. I first marinated them in Italian dressing for a few hours (thanks Dad), then Jonathan threw them on the grill. I also made potato salad the night before (thanks Mom), but with shredded potatoes like Jonathan likes. While the chops were cooking, I was also roasting some Asparagus in the oven, yummo. For dessert, I made Pineapple Angel Food Cake (thanks Debbie), with Cool whip on top. It was oh so dreamy.
So, of coarse Jonathan's parents said everything was great. And after they left, Jonathan gave me 2 thumbs up. I knew I hit a home run tonight.

1 comment:

Regi said...

Great job! Aunt "guggie" is a really good cook :o) Sounds like you are following in her footsteps :o)