Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Fireproof

I have now made it a point to stop buying movies at the store. Since DVDs are going out and they just stack up around the house, I didn't want to buy anymore movies. Until now. We heard so much about this movie Fireproof that I became a mad woman tearing through the store to purchase this movie. I wanted to buy this movie without seeing it first. I just new this would be to good to not share with everyone.

I can honestly say that I have never been moved by a movie as much as I was moved by this one. I wouldn't call this an Oscar winning movie, but if they had an Oscar for actual content and life lessons, this would be it.
The brief synopsis (without ruining the movie) is a husband and wife whose marriage is on the skids and is heading for divorce. She wants a divorce because she is tired of his disrespect. He is simply tired of not being respected. Throughout the movie, with help, he is making the attempt to keep his marriage while she just wants out.
I don't think I can say much more then WOW!! An actual good movie without the swearing and racy content.
Jonathan had heard a bit about the movie and for a change I didn't have to tie him down or prod him to wake up. Of course I was a blubbering fool through the whole movie. Since we were sitting in the dark watching the movie, the only thing I heard from Jonathan's chair was "SNIFF SNIFF, SNIFF SNIFF. My husband who doesn't get the least bit emotional when it comes to movies, was actually SNIFF SNIFFING! Hopefully that is a good indicator to everyone else, as to how good it was.
I have now taken this movie to work and after driving everyone crazy by gushing over it so much, I now have 5 people from work who want to watch it. And I'm sure after they watch it, they will want to share it also. This is a real chance to minister to people with a subject that is universal. Whether you are married for 1 year or 50 years, dating or engaged or just dreaming of marriage, this is the movie for you. The subject is dealt with in a very real way and not too "Hollywood".
Just imagine all the work that can be done just by buying the movie and passing it around.

2 thumbs up for me!!

2 comments:

Regi said...

Yup! I loved it too! Amazing that a CHURCH did it with people in their own congregation. I think Cameron and maybe one other were actually paid actors.

LJL said...

Sounds like a good one. Haven't seen it.