Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Reminder to Fellow Bloggers

I wanted to take this time to give our fellow bloggers a reminder about open blogging. I started this blog knowing that anyone in the world could read what I post. But I really didn't think anyone else would want read this blog outside of family and friends.
Well, this weekend I realized that wasn't so. I received 2 comments from an undesirable stranger that I was forced to take off the blog for fear of offending everyone else. He ended up commenting again after I deleted the first comment and then I was forced to delete the other. He was insulted that I removed his comment.
My reminder:
Strangers around the world are looking at our blogs even though we may not think they would be interested. Just because they don't comment, doesn't mean they aren't there. We need to be extra careful about how much personal information we reveal on our blogs. Being careful about last names and current or future locations. I was a bit spooked this weekend to say the least.
This was definitely the hard lesson learned.
The good lesson learned. Now that we know people around the world are reading about us, What do we want to say to them??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sommer is me Cindy Poling now Mohn
I am so happy that you finally found your Prince Charming and got married, Plz come see us at myspace.com/CindynChris you can see our profile but you most be a member, we have photos of my son, he was born September 5th, So you are no longer with Comair, I hear you work with Lions Apparel now, get me a job with you I am ready to quit delta, hrs are no longer suitable for my family. Hope to hear from you soon.