Sunday, November 18, 2007

A Little Wiser

Well, the last of our leaves have finally fallen. This time, we went to Jonathan's grandfathers house and borrowed his leaf sweeper. Jonathan was pulling it behind his 4-wheeler and ended up with a massive pile in the middle of the yard. Just as Jonathan was starting to bag the leaves, one of our other neighbors walked over. He asked "Ya collect'n leaves??" Jonathan says "looks like it". Our neighbor then confessed to also dumping his leaves in the fields across the road just like another neighbors did. He then offered us his yard wagon to help get the leaves across the road. That was such a big help. He says we can just help ourselves when ever we need it. ( I don't think we will ever just help ourselves though) So, a big thanks to Grandpa Lavy for letting us borrow the leaf sweeper and the neighbor with the wagon that allowed us to discretely schlep our leaves across the road. But, we still have the 11 bags of leaves sitting in our shed. Those, with permission, will now be heading to the Senior Yoder household to be thrown in to the garden. Hopefully the dogs can get a few good runs through them before the leaves turn into compost.
On Sunday, we decided to pull our Christmas decorations down from the attic. It's always so much fun pulling things out from the boxes. Every item has a memory of who gave it to me or what great deal I got on it at after Christmas sales. Luckily, the tree I had at my apartment was a perfect fit for our house. Not to big and not to small. For those who always ask what it looks like, I have posted a picture. And also one of Jonathan "collect'n leaves". I don't think it was work for him though. He really loves his 4-wheeler. I'm sure I will have pics this winter of him plowing snow with a smile on his face.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with the xmas stuff...I like the part when Jerry pulls out the santas that mom bought us that are more manly santas..he so proudly says.."and this one is my santa". Every year I give the kids an ornament to celebrate something that they like or did. They will start appreciating this soon enough (I think they thought I was wacko when I first starting doing this..oh well) Hope you have some wonderful traditions to start with your family. It's really fun and very memorable.