Sunday, September 2, 2007

Our New Wheels!

We woke up on Saturday and Jonathan hopped on the cumputer. He just "happend" to come accross some cars on a dealerships website. We have been talking for a long time now about when the best time to trade in my Cavelier would be. We knew we wanted to have something more durable for the winter, but we couldn't decide what we wanted. Jonathan wanted me in a BIG gas hog and I wanted something small and gas friendly. I was definitely not comfortable with anything that was huge.
So, we left on Saturday with 2 ads in had. One for a Jeep Liberty and one for a Ford Escape. The Jeep was the right price but it was very dirty. We then took the Ecape for a ride. We liked it, but I really wanted a moon roof. As we were pulling back into the lot, the salesman waved us over to a different area. He led us to a 2006 Mercury Mariner. This car is just like the Escape except it is much more detailed on the inside. The best part was the fact that it had a moon roof. So, we were sold. We went in looking for one thing and came out with another. It was the same price as the Escape with fewer miles and it had the moon roof.
And we managed to come to a happy medium. Something small enough that I could drive and something that was comfortable enough for Jonathan. I like the moon roof and Jonathan likes the V6.
Now the only thing we need is a name for it. Any ideas??

2 comments:

Regi said...

I say call him 'Cooper'! Don't ask me why cause I don't know. It just came to mind.

Anonymous said...

It looks like a "Marvin" to me. Marvin, the Mercury Mariner. But, then I am a little wacky when it comes to naming things. In our family, there is Hedgehog (Regi), Bellehog (Dani), Brutus (BJ), and Fat Albert (Ally). And, then there is Momma, but that is a different story.