Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Happy Birthday Seth!!

Today is my nephews 21st birthday. I can't believe it. I was 9 years old when Seth was born and it still seems like yesterday that he was chasing me around the house saying "aunt hummer".
Unfortunately I don't get to celebrate with him today. He is an Army man and is based in Germany. He has managed to make it in and out of Iraq. Right now he is in Germany doing "busy work" waiting for his next orders. He may be getting out this winter but with the military you never really know where you could end up next. He could get out but still be called back for many more years if needed.
He joined the Army at 17 and is now 21. He has seen more in these few years then I would ever want to see. I'm not sure he wants me too, but I pray for him every day that he stays in Germany and keeps up the "busy work" until he gets out. I also pray that he finds a succesful path when he gets out. That the adjustment of military life to life at home is as smooth as possible.
Finally, I definitely want him to know how proud I am of him. I worry so much about him that I sometimes forget that he is willingly serving our country.
I hope you have a very Happy and Safe Birthday Seth.
We all miss you and love you loads.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Sommer. I can't believe it either. You too have blossomed and I can't believe what an exceptional young lady you have become. I am so proud to have you as my sister. You blow me away with each blog you post. I know Seth loves you very much

Beth said...

Happy Birthday Seth!

And thank you for serving our country ;-)