Thursday, August 2, 2007

This is our story

Every couple has a story. This is ours. This is the story of how Jonathan and Sommer came to be, Jonathan and Sommer.For those of you that already know the story, this might be a good time to day dream.Our story begins July 5, 2003 (clearly, Sommer is telling the story).My family was throwing a last minute family reunion after a long lost cousin unexpectedly arrived into town with his family. When thunderstorms began to ruin the fun, the men moved to the garage, while the women moved inside. All of us women were inside waiting out the storm, when my cousin Shelly started talking about this crazy guy that she and her family spent the day before with at a church function. They were at a pond and this crazy guy brought his 4-wheeler. He was pulling someone around the pond trying to water ski, when oops! he drives right into the pond. After my cousin tells me this story, she then says that I should meet him. So three weeks later, on August 10, we went on our first date. Jonathan picked me up is his hot rod truck (WOW). We went to Unos for pizza and then walked around the Taylorsville Dam. (the first time ever I had been home by 7pm after a date). For our second date, he met me at the Darke County Fair (little did I know that 4 years later I would become a Darke County Girl). By October, I had transferred my job to the Cincinnati/N. Kentucky Airport. The next three years, we spent driving back and forth somehow making it work. And, During this time Jonathan also introduced me to the Love of Jesus. I spent so much time studying the bible and asking Jonathan so many questions. It has been a slow process and I am still a work in progress, but I am so thankful to have found Jonathan and grateful for what he has brought into my life. On May 5, 2007 I officially asked the Lord into my life. I can't imagine where I would be today if I had never gone to that unexpected family reunion. On February 24, 2006, Jonathan and I went to Carraba's for dinner, where he asked me to marry him. Of course I said YES!! This was definitely a very challenging year. We spent the year trying to plan a wedding, trying to find a home, and I had to find a new job.The wedding planning was the easiest part. I had everything planned the first 4 months or so. We looked at several houses (we also peeked through a lot of windows...Shhhh). But we finally found our house in February of 2007 and we got our keys in March. I was all by myself when I got the keys. I walked into the house, looked around and began to cry. I couldn't believe all the work that needed done that we didn't see before. I moved out of my apartment in KY on March 31, 2007 (I cried then too). But since our house wasn't ready and I still didn't have a new job yet, I needed a new plan. I spent the next 2 months staying on the floor at my friend Reba's apartment in KY and working in Ky and driving to my parents house in Dayton. I am so grateful to them for all of there help. I saved so much on gas with their help. While I was in Cincinnati, Jonathan, his dad, and cousin Steve worked so hard to get our house ready. I couldn't figure out exactly when they were sleeping. They replaced all the windows, painted, new baseboards, and carpet and flooring. I moved in in May and lived by myself until we got married. I finally got my new job and started on June 4. I applied for so many jobs, but knew that this job was the one when I saw the posting. I applied in February and didn't get it until June. But thank God, I got it!!. So many times this year I questioned why things were taking so long to progress, but I kept reminding myself that everything happens for a reason and when it's supposed to. It was completely out of my hands. Everything did eventually work out no matter how much I worried.
And that is our prequel.
We were married July 7, 2007

No comments: