Saturday, October 3, 2009

Operation Applesauce 2009

For those who have followed my blog for the past 3 years, you know that the Fall season is always my favorite time of year. This year is no different. We have been to a few festivals already, next weekend we have our family hog roast and we even have a fall camping trip scheduled.
But today it was Operation Applesauce. We made our way to Brumaugh Fruit Farm tonight to pick up our annual bags of apples. I was a bit late this year and missed out on my beloved Paula Red Apples (except this year I knew what to expect). We opted for the Jona Gold apples. It was the only apple they had bagged up that said "good as sauce". I must say the the Jona Golds were delicious! Very juicy and sweet.
This year, Operation Applesauce was a team effort. Thanks to Jonathan adding his hands to the process, the job went twice as fast. We now look forward to fresh sauce all year around.

No comments: