Thursday, August 6, 2009

Roxbury Weekend


This past weekend I experienced another first. It was my first time going to a Roxbury Camp Meeting in PA. It was a perfect opportunity to go and meet up with Jonathan's PA family, since we haven't seen them in about a year.

I guess I still think of my self as a new believer (relatively speaking). The camp meeting was a new and enjoyable experience for me. It was awesome to be in a room filled with people who actually want to be there. People Who are passionate about the Lord and want to to serve Him. We got to see 3 different speakers while we were there, all where different and inspirational. I even got to go to my first Spanish speaking with English translation service, which was very interesting. My absolute favorite is always the music. It's amazing what 1000 people sound like when they come together and sing. I am normally a bit shy singing out in our home church. But at Roxbury, everyone is singing so loud, that I could sing as loud and as off key as I wanted to and no one could hear me (except for God and maybe Jonathan). Even when Jonathan gets to sing as loud as he wants, can hold a right good tune. I was the most moved when we all sang Days of Elijah. I'm pretty sure there wasn't a single person sitting in there seat.

I am definitely looking forward to our next opportunity to go to Roxbury Camp.
A big thanks goes to Jonathan's Uncle Allen. His generosity was greatly appreciated.

Jonathan's parents standing with his Grandmother, Uncle Titus and Aunt Charlotte, Uncle Allen and his lady friend, Phyllis.

I thought this shot looked kinda futuristic. Jonathan took this one when we were driving through one of the tunnels


A great shot of a beautiful sky with the wind turbines in the background.
Man, I just love PA!!




1 comment:

LJL said...

Got to go to Roxbury last year on Big Red. Great place!