Monday, December 15, 2008

The Creation Museum

This past Saturday, Jonathan and I decided to take a fun day. Just a day where we could have a little fun but not have to travel so far.
We headed to The Creation Museum in Petersburg, KY. This was something that we have wanted to do for a while now but never made the time. We figured this time around Christmas would be great.
We were completely amazed by the whole experience. I think they did a great job on everything and we can't wait to go back in the spring/summer when the garden is in bloom.
After about 2 1/2 hours in the museum we headed outside to walk the grounds. They had a live Nativity scene on the property. Unfortunately we didn't stay past dark to see all the lights lit up. We also paid a visit to the petting zoo where Jonathan got bit by the over sized pig and nearly bit by one of the older donkeys. My favorite was the baby donkey with the coat. I don't think I've ever seen a donkey that small before.
Once we finished at the museum we headed back North again and stopped at an open house for one of Jonathan's friends that just turned 40.
After the B-day party, we kept going north and made a detour at the Spaghetti Warehouse in Dayton for a late dinner, which is always worth the headache of getting there.
Once we were sufficiently stuffed, we headed home and crashed.
Definitely a memorable day.
One of the many Adam and Eve scenes at the museum.
Jonathan getting up close and personal with the Camel. Once she realized Jonathan didn't have food, she was no longer interested

This is the over sized grouchy pig that took a nip of Jonathan. I didn't know at the time that it had tried to bite him, so I kept telling him to get closer so I could get this picture. Now I feel bad.

And this is the cute little donkey with a jacket. He was a bit shy.


And this is us!! Jonathan trying to get the picture centered.
There never seems to be anyone around when we want to take a picture.




3 comments:

Beth said...

I just love the picture of the little donkey!! Hes so cute! ;-)

Looks like you all had fun
Beth

LJL said...

Why in the world would a pig want to bite Jon????

Anonymous said...

Sommer..i can see all the weight loss in your face..looking good sis!! I can't wait for you to see my newest addition from our father..hehe.