Saturday, October 15, 2011

A Tasty Surprise

Unfortunately neither one of us remembered it was Sweetest Day until late but thankfully we both were in the mood for something adventurous today (for us anyway). When we set out at 4 o'clock today, our intention was to go to a recommended Puerto Rican restaurant in Dayton. But when we got there, we were greeted with a sign that said "closed due to family emergency". I was definitely a little deflated when we saw the sign. I had been looking forward to it and had planned on taking some great pictures to share here on my blog. As we sat there in the parking lot trying to think of an adventurous plan B, I reached in the back seat and grabbed my Entertainment book and found a coupon for a restaurant that was just a few miles from where we were. I asked Jonathan if he would be up for some Indian food tonight and to my surprise, he said yes!  I have never even asked him to try Indian food before because I assumed he wouldn't be interested, but he was definitely up for something different tonight!
 
 Jonathan holding the menu with the restaurant named Ajanta. Our server was so nice. I told her this was our first time trying Indian food and she was so helpful in explaining the menu to us.

 Our courtesy drink. It was Mango juice with yogurt. It was soooo good and perfect for some of the spicy food we tried.
 This was our appetizer sampler plate. It had a fabulous Pakora chicken, fried cheese, a fried potato pouch of sorts, Vegetable Pakora and some sort of flat crisp. All of it was wonderful. I felt like my taste buds were suddenly awake! Not just spicy hot awake but, "WOW, that was tasty!" kind of awake.
 And this is the sampler platter for my entree: bottom left, Dal. top left, Aloo Chloey (made with Chick peas). top middle, was coconut milk with rice. Top right, Lamb Curry. Bottom right, Tandoori Chicken. Middle: Basmati Rice.
 This is Jonathan's dish: Lamb Curry with mushrooms.
 This was my favorite part, the Naan. It is Indian flat bread. Soooo good.
And this is what came home with us.  Looks like we get to enjoy our meal all over again!

1 comment:

Cherith said...

Mmmmm!!! I LOVE Indian Food! The last time I ate it I tried Saag. It was SO good, and I've been craving more ever since. Yum...I'm so glad you guys tried it and enjoyed it!