Saturday, May 16, 2009

A really great day

Today, Jonathan an I kinda had a fun day. Since we figured it would rain all day, this gave a good excuse to find something else for the day.
We planned a trip to Kentucky. Jonathan's cousin, Brent Graduated from college this morning and we stopped at his cousin Danette's house for the open house party. We had a great time visiting his family and seeing Danette's new house.
After we were done visiting at the party, we had planned on meeting one of my dearest Kentucky friends, Reba. This is the woman who took me in for 2 months while I was homeless (not really but kinda). When Jonathan and I bought our house just before we got married, I was still in my apartment in KY. Since we couldn't afford a house payment and an apartment payment, I had to move out of my apartment. And since I was still working at the airport in KY, and still didn't have a job in Dayton and since our house was not quite suitable to live in yet, Reba offered to let me camp at her house until I found a job. So through April and May of 2007, I slept on her living room floor until I started my new job in Dayton in June. Talk about the right person coming into my life at just the right time. Yet another moment that I am reminded at how much God did for me that year. Despite all of the personal challenges she was facing at that time, she was always praying for me. The day that I found out that i got my job in Dayton, Reba was right there sitting next to me. I think I might have scared her neighbors by my screams of excitement. When the initial excitement was over, she was the first to pray with me to thank God for all he had done.
Below is a picture of my dear friend Reba and I. SNIFF SNIFF..........

1 comment:

Regi said...

Thanks for stopping by! It was great to see you guys!