Sunday, May 11, 2008

And Then There Was One


Well, it appears our eggs have been relocated. However, there is still one remaining. It"s been about a week now that the nest has only had one egg. I'm assuming this is the one we named Alejandro. He's such a good boy.
Sadly I fear this nest has been abandoned. For whatever reason, this egg was left behind. I've been hoping another mommy bird would come along, but I think it's been too long. I guess I'll give it another week before we take the nest down. :(

1 comment:

LJL said...

Some times that particular species of bird is known to have breakfast parties with other members of their flock. They try out different recipes on their feathered friends. I suspect that this mom bird brought "scrambled egg delight" to the meal. Fortunately, Alejandro was spared, but Mom may have eaten too much breakfast and forgotten completely about the egg! Jonathan could carefully take the egg into his truck and while driving to work, sit gingerly on it until the little bird has hatched. If he chooses this option, let us know the outcome, if it is not too ugly.