Sunday, April 13, 2008

FDIC "The Big Show"

He had to try it out!
Have ya ever seen a fire truck in the air??
He had to try the jumpseat too.
Jonathan with one of the Lion Apparel dummies
Isn't he handsome? I think the helmet suits him.
Anyone in the market f0r a $400,000 vehicle? Hey, they'll
even deliver it. Sounds like a bargain to me!!
The old Chiefs car


Sorry..........I couldn't resist this shot.

This past Saturday, Jonathan and I got to attend our first FDIC show. It's the world largest Firefighter and EMT training show. Lion Apparel had an exhibit set up which allowed Jonathan and I free entry. I was strongly encouraged to go to the show since this has been my first year with the company. I didn't have to work the exhibit. We just got to walk around and see everything. I was completely blown away buy how big it was. I think Jonathan was pretty impressed too. He especially loved the fire truck. The show was at the Indianapolis Convention Center and RCA Dome.

The show had everything a Firefighter and EMT could possibly need. They had all the latest and greatest in fire trucks (even custom built), ambulances, radios, uniforms, tools, tires, CPR even the jaws of life. They had demonstrations along with a fire truck simulator. I got to meet some people that I talk too everyday but have never met and even got to check out some of the competition .

We definitely had a great time. I can't wait to go back again next year. Except next year we will be at the new Lucas Oil Stadium. SWEET!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

LJL said...

I think he looks like Mickey Mouse in the helmet.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the pic of the infamous Colts Superbowl win banner...love it.