Sunday, March 2, 2008

Venison Chili



This Tuesday, our church is hosting the God's Great Outdoors Sportsmen's Dinner & Outdoor Expo. This is a chance for outdoor/hunting enthusiasts to gather for an evening of guest speakers and dinner while also hearing the Word of God. It's a chance to gather with beleivers and a chance to reach non-believers all with the same interest. It's definitley mostly men that attend but women are not excluded.
As I mentioned, this is also a dinner. When some of the GGOD wives came to our Sunday school class begging for volunteers to help cook Venison Chili, I heard CHALLENGE!!!!!!!!!! I have never cooked with Venison before. I thought this would be a good way try it since they were providing the meat. I volunteered to make a double batch with 4lbs. of meat.
So after church and dinner, I headed to Sutton's for the rest of my ingredients. Luckily the church already had a recipe for me that they will put together with all the other volunteers.
After about an hour of prep. time, I had 2 frying pans of meat, onions and peppers. The final product ended up being about 7 quarts of chili. Yes, we cheated and tried some. Now I just have to find a container big enough to get it to the church.
So, if anyone is interested, the expo is at Community Grace Brethren Church in West Milton, this tuesday March 4 @ 6pm. The cost is $10 at the door. Come one Come all!!

No comments: