Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Our Snowy Weekend

Jonathan and I definitely have very different opinions of snow. I think it's beautiful only if I am in the comfort of my home. I only drive in it if I absolutely have too. Jonathan, however, would be perfectly happy living with snow 12 months out of the year.
Last Thursday I was anxiously waiting to get off work. I had taken Friday off and couldn't wait for my long weekend. I had planned on finishing my shopping and maybe get a bit of cleaning and baking done. I then noticed just how bad the weather was going to be for the weekend. I realized that all my running would have to be done on Friday. I then started looking forward to just getting things done at the house on Saturday and Sunday while we would be holed up inside. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get the shopping finished. I just didn't have the eye that day. On Friday night, we went to our Church Christmas program, came home and prepared for the rest of the weekend.
On Saturday, Jonathan was so excited to see how fast the snow was coming down. I was getting a little nervous. But, I had no where to be that day and I wasn't worried about driving. As the day went on, Jonathan began to get antsy in the house. He began looking for any reason to get in the car and be in the snow. I just casually mentioned how good some hot bread would be from our bread machine. That's all it took. He grabbed the keys and was off to Suttons with a smile.
On Sunday, we decided to take our chances and try to get to church. Luckily they were still having services and a bigger crowd then expected showed up. After Church, we were off to Jonathan's parents house for Sunday Dinner. Not even the snow would keep us from Geneva's cooking. The drive down Red River definitely proved to be challenging. I figured if the buggies could make it through to get to church, then we would be OK. After dinner we spent time playing with Brownie, the "oh so lovable wonder pooch". He was such a good boy, he even posed for some pictures. He loves the snow just as much as Jonathan. We then headed back home where I spent the evening making my famous Ginger Bread Men. Also, worrying about the nerve wracking drive to work that awaited us the next morning.

No comments: